Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vivobarefoot - Dharma Bare Feet Running Shoes

Some of the most comfortable bare feet running shoes that I have ever run in. The ones I'm reviewing is a very successful model that have been sold year after year by an up and running and quickly becoming a very popular bare feet shoe company called vivobarefoot. From the link you can actually grab a pair of these for $120.00. I actually came across these after seeing a video by Tim Ferris where he was wearing a pair of them, so i checked them out. I immediately fell in love with their beautiful bare feet running shoes and decided to make the leap and buy a pair for myself.

dharma - vivobarefoot bare feet running shoes

The first thing that I noticed was that I made the right choice with the canvas version of this model as I'm very preferential to canvas over leather. They are a very aesthetically pleasing bare feet running shoe and have a beautiful design for the sole of the shoe with latex rubber. This is what sells anything, is that image of being able to pull it off in public which is why I loved these so much.

Review


First impressions were very good with these bare feet running shoes so when putting these on only increased my loyalty to this company. So much so that my next pair of bare feet running shoes are going to be another pair of vivobarefoot. One thing I did notice though when wearing these (I wore without socks at first) was that there was a small imperfection in the fabric at the ankle of them which scratched at my heel slightly. I feel this isn't a fair con though because any shoe can have this due to its machining process, and it wasn't something that couldn't be fixed with a thin layer sock. In all reality, these bare feet running shoes have not only become something that I really enjoy having runs in and have also become my everyday shoe for over two years. They fit my lifestyle and they allow me to be as close to the ground as possible without being bare foot. They have definitely strengthened my feet in a way that any other cushioned shoe would have hindered my bones growth. I even enjoyed a trip to Disneyland with my ex-girlfriend where I was walking over 10 hours in these puppies and boy were my feet sore. The next day though, my feet had recovered fully over a good nights sleep.

One great quality about these shoes is vivobarefoots' fully removable and washable foam insole. This allows your feet the flexibility of still being free to contour to the environment around you but still offer some comfort.

Finally, durability of these bare feet running shoes are phenomenal. They are like that pair of rainbow sandals that last you six years and you just can't seem to find the heart to let them go, because it would leave a hole in your heart eight miles wide (thats me *hint hint*). These shoes have lasted me over two years and have really no signs of breaking down still, so I plan to wear these until they fall off my feet literally. I love these bare feet running shoes and suggest this company if you're planning on buying a nice quality bare feet running shoe that will last you a long time.

One last thing about these shoes that I really enjoyed is that their carbon foot print. They put these shoes through a process in which takes minimal steps to create the shoe itself and minimal resources (and most recycled materials).

Cons about the Dharma


What I didn't realize is that these shoes sole actually is more about abrasion resistance then traction. Playing a few games of tennis made this apparent, but the shoes again were not built specifically for traction. The traction I would say is about a 6/10 as opposed to other cushioned running shoes but when running on a trail, I haven't had the need for much traction but one might want to consider one of vivobarefoots other shoes with more traction (and they do have quite a wide selection).

No comments:

Post a Comment